Avocado Citrus Salad with Tahini Orange Vinaigrette
Today I have a bright and vibrant springtime salad to share. Perfect for a light lunch or side dish that will flood your body with heart healthy fats, phytonutrients, and plan based protein. Bursting with color and rich in flavor, this salad will not disappoint!
Avocado Citrus Salad with Tahini Orange Vinaigrette (Makes 1 large or 2 small salads)
· 2 cups arugula
· 2 Tbsp. pickled red onion (*recipe below)
· 3 slices grapefruit, sliced ¼” thick
· 2 slices orange, sliced ¼” thick
· 3 slices blood orange, sliced ¼” thick
· ½ avocado, sliced
· 2 Tbsp pistachios, chopped
· 2 Tbsp hemp seeds
· 2 Tbsp goat cheese ( I used Treeline’s vegan nut based herb-garlic)
· Reserved vinegar-orange mixture from pickled onions
· Juice from ½ an orange
· ½ Tbsp olive or avocado oil
· 1 tsp dijon mustard
· 1 Tbsp Tahini
· Pink Himalayan salt and pepper, to taste
· ¼ cup shaved red onion
· 1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
· 1 tsp honey (or agave if vegan)
· Dash of pink Himalayan salt
· A few cracks of fresh pepper
1) Make pickled red onions and let marinate for at least ½ an hour.
2) Shake all salad dressing ingredients in a jar and set aside.
3) Place arugula on a large plate and spread pickled onions on top.
4) Arrange citrus slices and avocado on top of the greens.
5) Sprinkle pistachios, hemp seeds and goat cheese over salad.
6) Drizzle with tahini orange vinaigrette.