Carrot Apricot Ginger Smoothie
Hi Friends! I hope you all had a safe and healthy 4th of July holiday weekend! I wanted to provide you with a fresh hydratining smoothie, filled with seasonal summer fruits and vegetables. As temperatures rise, and with everyone doing their best to maintain their highest health during these uncertain coronavirus times, it's important to give your body high doses of nutrient dense and anti inflammatory foods. This smoothie hits both of those bases, along with being filled with healthy fats and plant-based protein, making it perfect for a light meal or snack anytime during your day. Hope you enjoy and wishing everyone a fantastic rest of the week!
Carrot Apricot Ginger Smoothie (Serves 1)
· 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
· ½ cup water
· 1 cup halved apricots, fresh or frozen
· ½ banana, frozen
· 4-6 carrot juice ice cubes
· 1” piece fresh ginger
· 1 persian cucumber, cut in chunks
· ½ tsp cinnamon
· 1 Tbsp almond butter
· 1 scoop plant-based protein powder (I love vanilla Sun Warrior)
1) Add all ingredients in order listed to a high-powered blender.
2) Blend until smooth.
3) Pour and enjoy!
*Feel free to add spinach or kale for a little extra veggie boost.