Banana Foster Oatmeal (Vegan)
Good morning friends! I have a decadent delicious upscale oatmeal for you today. You know those mornings when you really want a something sweet and nourishing? Well this is your answer! While the name may you lead you to believe this recipe is an indulgence, let me assure you it is one you can most definitely have daily! This nutrient dense bowl is packed with protein, fiber, healthy fats, and potassium. Filled with important minerals, sweetened with natural maple syrup, and filled with flavor, this is a perfect meal to fuel your day! Enjoy!
Banana Foster Overnight Oats (serves 2)
• 3 very ripe bananas, sliced
• 1 cup old fashioned oats
• 2 cups nut milk of choice (I used homemade walnut milk)
• 4 Tbsp ground flax seeds (or chia seeds)
• 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
• 6 drops liquid vanilla stevia (optional)
• 2 Tbsp 100% maple syrup
• 1 tsp ground cinnamon
• 2 Tbsp coconut oil (other options: grass-fed butter or ghee)
• Pinch of Himalayan pink salt (or sea salt)
• Shredded coconut (optional)
1) In a saucepan combine nut milk, oats and flaxseeds over medium heat. Bring to a boil and then lower heat and cook until oats and nut milk absorb, about 5 minutes.
2) Remove oatmeal from heat, stir in vanilla stevia and then cover.
3) In the meantime, heat up coconut oil over medium heat in a saucepan. Add sliced bananas, cinnamon and pinch of pink salt and begin to sauté. The bananas will start to breakdown and natural juices of sugar will begin to turn them golden brown. This should take about 3-4 minutes.
4) Drizzle in the maple syrup and vanilla extract, stir to combine. Cook for another minute or so, remove from heat.
5) Divide cooked oatmeal into 2 bowls. Divide bananas between the two bowls. Sprinkle with shredded coconut