Chai-Spiced Coconut Hemp & Cashew Milk
For all you chai lovers out there, this one’s for you! This recipe is the perfect blend of sweet and spicy and is sure to cultivate a sense of inner cozy. It’s wonderful as a liquid for banana-based smoothies (don’t forget to add your greens) or served warm with turmeric and cinnamon for nourishing “Golden Latte”.
Chai-Spiced Coconut Hemp & Cashew Milk (makes 4 cups)
· 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for 2 hours, rinsed, and drained
· 1/4 cup hemp seeds
· 1/2-inch piece ginger, peeled (or 1 tsp dried)
· 1 teaspoon cinnamon
· 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
· nutmeg and allspice, couple dashes each
· 1/4 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
· 2 -3 dates, pitted and soaked*
· 1 tsp vanilla
· 1 cup coconut milk
3 cups water
1. In a high-speed blender, blend all ingredients till creamy and smooth. Strain through a nutmilk bag. Store in an airtight container for up to three days in the fridge.
-Feel free to use almonds instead of cashews
-You can substitute maple syrup or stevia for dates
- Adjust the amount of water to make your nut milk thinner by adding a cup or two more of water.
-Straining milk through a nutmilk bag is optional, just expect a thicker more nutrient dense milk with texture, if you decide not to.