Citrus & Mango Shrimp Ceviche
Happy Saturday Friends! Summer is here and with that comes all the fresh fun flavors of the season! In an effort to keep things light, I have created this yummy little dish to sweep your taste buds away to a tropical vacation in your mouth! This vibrant ceviche is bursting with citrus, spicy serrano and the perfect texture combo, making it worthy of being a satiating (yet light) meal. For a bit fuller of a meal, this works great along side black beans, tortillas, and a side of chips! Hope you enjoy and sending you all positives vibes and joyful moments in your weekend ahead!
Citrus & Mango Shrimp Ceviche (2 servings)
· 1 large mango, cut into cubes
· 1 cup jicama cubed
· 1-2 persian cucumbers, cut in half moons
· ½-1 serrano pepper, seeds removed and very thinly sliced
· 1 small bunch cilantro, chopped
· 1 avocado, cubed
· 1 lime, juiced
· ½ orange, juiced
· 3 kumquats, juiced
· Himalayan salt, to taste
· Chili powder, to taste
· 6 oz shrimp, cooked and cubed
1) Combine all ingredients and let sit for at least 30 minutes to let the flavors combine.
2) Transfer into fun serving dishes with a side of chips and enjoy!
-If you don’t have access to kumquats, feel free to sub more lime or orange juice.
-For a vegan option, substitute 1-inch rounds of heart of palm or leave out completely.