Salted Chocolate Almond Milk
Looking for a kid-friendly, mama-approved chocolately sweet treat for both you and your cute kiddos? This dairy-free milk is both decadent and nutrient dense, so you can feel great about having it as a snack and sipping staple.
Cacao is a star ingredient, known for packing in more calcium than cow’s milk, chock full of iron, magnesium and antioxidants and can help with issues like depression, stress, blood pressure and heart health.
So grab a cup, your re-usable straw and enjoy, knowing that this milk definitely does so the body good!
Salted Chocolate Almond Milk (makes 4 cups)
· 1 cup almonds*, soaked 8 hours in water, drained and rinsed
· ¼ raw cacao
· 2-4 dates*
· 1 tsp vanilla
· ½ pink himalayan salt
· ¼ tsp cinnamon (optional)
· ½ cup coconut milk*
· 3 1/2 cups filtered water
1. In blender, blend all ingredients until smooth.
2. Pour milk mixture into nutmilk bag. Place bowl or pitcher underneath to catch the “milk.”
3. Squeeze nutmilk bag to pull out remaining liquid from the pulp.
4. Store in an air tight container for up to 3 days.
-Feel free to use any kind of nut, hazelnuts would be fantastic
-You can substitute maple syrup or stevia for the dates
-If you prefer a less rich milk, substitute coconut milk with coconut water or just additional water.
-Adjust the amount of water if you prefer a thinner milk, by adding an extra cup or two of water.