Smoked Chipotle-Jalapeno Weeknight Burger
Updated: Aug 21, 2019
Welcome to the first week back at school for all you parents! I thought I'd share one of our household dinner favorites. This is perfect for busy moms and dads who want to feed their kids (and themselves) something nourishing and quick that tastes like heaven. These are totally versatile, you can use ground turkey or chicken, beyond meat burgers, lamb, whatever suites your fancy, The magic is in the spices, high quality meat and in not overcooking. While not an Honor Bar or Finney's Burger, it is a close second!
Good luck getting back into the swing of things! Buon Appetite!
Smoked Chipotle-Jalapeno Weeknight Burger (serves 4)
· 1lb Grass-fed organic ground beef
· 1 tsp Garlic powder
· 1 tsp Chipotle Smoked Jalapeno seasoning
· Himalayan salt and pepper, to taste
· ¼ cup Red onion, shaved
· 4 tsp Dijon mustard
· 2 TBSP Ketchup
· 4 tsp Siracha
· 1 avocado, thinly sliced
· 4 Cauliflower Sandwich Thins, lettuce-wraps or buns
1. Heat a cast iron skillet or indoor grill pan to medium high heat. Spray with nonstick spray once hot.
2. While heating, divide and shape your beef into four burger patties.
3. Sprinkle tops of each burger with several shakes each of garlic powder, salt, pepper, and smoked chipotle jalapeno powder.
4. Add burgers to heated pan, spiced side down. Reduce heat to medium.
5. Season tops of each burger the same way, a few shakes of each spice.
6. Cook for 2-3 minutes, then flip. Cook for another 2-4 minutes depending on how you like your burger cooked. I love mine medium-rare (about 3 minutes on first side, and another 2 on the other).
7. While burgers cook, toast cauliflower buns.
8. Top one side of toasted bun with ½ TBSP of ketchup, 1 tsp of siracha, and 1 TBSP of red onion.
9. Top other side of cauliflower bun with 1 tsp Dijon and ¼ of a sliced avocado.
10. Add patties onto buns, plate, grab napkins, and enjoy!