Strawberry & Balsamic Beet Salad
Good morning friends! I have a wonderful Sunday salad for you today. This is perfect for a light lunch or bringing to brunch. This lovely combination of textures, colors and flavors make this salad feel sophisticated, especially when you take the time to make an artful display. You can enjoy as is, or can add quinoa, wild rice, or chickpeas to create a more substantial meal. I've included a favorite tahini dressing I love, but a simple drizzle of olive oil, lemon and balsamic, would be delicious too!
Strawberry & Balsamic Beet Salad (Serves 4)
For the Salad:
· 6-8 cups mixed greens or arugula
· 2 persian cucumbers, sliced in half moons
· 1 cup strawberries, sliced
· 1 cup steamed beets, cut in ½ in cubes
· 2 Tbsp white balsamic
· 1/2 cup pistachios, shelled
· 1 cup goat cheese, crumbled (I also love using Treeline Garlic-Herb Nut Based Cheese)
· 1/4 cup fresh mint, thinly sliced
For the Dressing:
· 2 tsp Dijon mustard
· 2 Tbsp lemon juice
· 2 tsp maple syrup or honey
· ¼ cup olive oil
· ¼ cup tahini
· ½ tsp Himalayan Salt
· 1/8 tsp fresh cracked pepper
· 2-4 Tbsp orange juice (or water)
1) Place chopped beets in a bowl and toss with balsamic. Let sit while making the rest of the salad or do this step a day ahead.
2) Place mixed greens in a large salad bowl or platter.
3) Add remaining salad ingredients to the bowl. Alternatively, for a fancy display on top, arrange each ingredient side by side, in vertical lines across the top of the mixed greens, making sure to alternate ingredient colors that sit next to one another.
4) In a small bowl or blender, combine dressing ingredients.
5) Drizzle dressing over salad, toss if serving right away. Enjoy!