This is a super refreshing smoothie, perfect for boosting immunity, putting a little zing into your day or just cooling off on a warm day. Turmeric root is anti-inflammatory and will soothe sore joints and muscles and expedite healing in general in your body. The oranges will provide a high dose of Vitamin C, the cucumber is hydrating and has silica that is great for healthy skin and hair. Bananas provide potassium and manganese, great for heart health and skin. Top that off with coconut milk, hemp and chia seeds for healthy fats and top notch brain functioning, and you should be all set for whatever comes across your day! Feel free to make it your own by adding things like spinach, avocado, mangoes, coconut water, whatever your big hearts fancy!
Turmeric Orange Creamsicle Smoothie
· 1.5 cups almond or coconut milk
· 2 peeled oranges
· Zest of 1 orange
· 1/2 frozen banana
· 1 persian cucumber
· 1 thumb size piece fresh turmeric root (or 1 tsp powdered)
· 1 tsp vanilla or vanilla powder
· 1 TBSP each chia and hemp seeds or 1 serving vanilla protein powder (I love Sunwarrior)
· 2-4 frozen coconut milk ice cubes (regular ice works as well)
1. Combine all ingredients in a high-powered blender and enjoy!