Avocado, Fennel, & Golden Berry Super Salad
Hello Friends! I have a really delicious, really unique super salad today. This idea sprouted from finding a new fruit I'd never seen before, golden berries, that I was curious to try. They have such a pretty golden color and a unique citrusy sweet taste. Their color and flavor profile seemed a perfect match for avocado, fennel and pickled red onions. Throw in a few seeds for texture and crunch, some chickpeas for a little plant based protein power, and you've got yourself a very solid and satiating salad! Enjoy!
Avocado, Fennel, & Golden Berry Super Salad (Makes 1 large salad)
2 cups arugula
2 Tbsp pickled red onion
¼ cup shaved fennel
½ avocado, cubed
1 Tbsp fresh dill or fennel fronds
¼ cup chickpeas
1 Tbsp toasted sunflower seeds
1 Tbsp hempseeds
¼ cup golden berries, halved
· 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
· Juice of ½ lemon
· ½ tsp honey (use agave if vegan)
· 1 tsp Dijon mustard
· Himalayan salt and pepper to taste
1) Place all salad ingredients in a large bowl.
2) Shake all salad dressing ingredients in a jar until thoroughly combined.
3) Pour dressing over salad and toss until dressing is evenly distributed throughout the salad.
4) Plate and enjoy!