Lavendar Iced Matcha Latte
Hi Friends! We are almost into summer, just a couple more weeks! I thought I would create a refreshing and rejuventating drink for you to try. Laced with lavendar and honey, and combined with silky homeade almond milk, this a latte that will make you feel "a latte" more excited about tackling the rest of your afternoon!
I love sipping on matcha in the early afternoon because with this powerful green tea, they grind the entire plant, offering 10x the amount of antioxidants of regular green tea. If you need additional incentives to give this tea a try, matcha stimulates l-theanine in the brain (helping to fend off afternoon slumps), it's anti-inflammatory, fat burning, an appetite suppressant and is an alkaline caffeine that will only stay in your system for 3-4 hours (won't leave you up late at night). Lastly, matcha is known as an adaptogenic, meaning it will adjust to what your body is needing at the given time. If you need stress relief, energy, focus, etc., over time and consistent use of this potent tea, it will offer you the properties your body needs most. Hope you enjoy! Cheers!
Lavender Iced Matcha Latte (16-oz)
· 1 cup almond milk ( almond milk recipe here)
· 1 tsp culinary lavender buds
· ½-1 Tbsp honey (may use agave or stevia for vegan option)
· 1 tsp high quality organic matcha
· 1 cup ice
1. In blender, combine all ingredients except for ice and blend until smooth.
2. Place ice in a tall glass or mason jar and pour latte over ice.