Macadamia & Coconut Crusted Halibut with Mango Salsa
4 halibut fillets (or other white fish – just use the freshest kind you can find)*
Himalayan salt and cracked pepper
1/4 cup coconut milk (or any other milk you prefer)
1 cup macadamia nuts*
3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
2 cups Mango, chopped
1 Persian cucumber, small dice
1 cup Red bell pepper, small dice
1/4 cup Red onion
1/3 cup Cilantro
1/2-1 Jalapeno, small dice
1 lime, juiced
chili powder (optional), to taste
Himalayan salt, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Season fish with salt and pepper.
3. Pulse macadamia nuts and coconut in a food processor or blender until coarsely ground.
4. Dip fish fillets into coconut milk and then dredge into macadamia nut mixture.
5. Place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and place in oven for 15 minutes. nuts burn as they will
-If you have a little extra of fish that is very fresh, you can make a little side of sashimi! I put extra fish in freezer for a few minutes to get a bit more firm. Then sliced thin, squeezed fresh lime juice and a drizzle of olive oil over the top. Sprinkled with Trader Joes Chili Lime Seasoning and a little pink salt and a few very thinly sliced jalapenos. Viola! Delish!
-You could easily substitute for any other nut, pecans or almonds would be great! If you have a nut allergy, you can substitute with breadcrumbs.
-Asparagus or zucchini squash make a great and quick side to this dish. You can just add to your sheet pan, drizzle with olive, Himalayan salt and pepper, and cook for the same time along with your fish.