Peppermint Brownie Protein Bites
Hi Friends and welcome to October! It's hard to believe it's Fall with 90 degree weather and blueskies over this past weekend. I have been working on perfecting a snack that would be suitable for a quick snack or breakfast in a pinch. I had gotten in the habit of buying $4 protein bars, that while very clean ingredient wise, I felt like I should be able to create something myself that cost much less and was equally as good. The great news, these little brownie bites are even better (and cheaper) than the store bought bars and took only 10 minutes to make. Enjoy!
Peppermint Brownie Protein Bites (Makes 15)
· 1 ½ c. walnuts, soaked overnight (2 cups soaked)
· 1 c. dates, pitted
· ¼ cup raw cacao
· 1 tsp. vanilla
· ½ cup chocolate flavored protein powder ( I used Sun Warrior)
· 2 drops peppermint essential oil or extract
· ½ flaked unsweetened coconut
· ½ tsp pink Himalayan salt
1) Add all ingredients to a food processor and grind until a large ball forms inside the processor.
2) Refrigerate dough for at least an hour or overnight.
3) Use a cooking scoop to roll into 1” balls.
*If you can’t wait or prefer these as a bar, just line a 8” x 8” baking pan with parchment paper and press dough into the pan. Place another sheet of parchment on top and press down with your hands until even across the top.