Pineapple Acai Bowl
Here is a fun way to serve your morning smoothie. You can easily the adjust the fruit and toppings to your liking, and can add nut butters or protein powder if you need something a little more substantial. This is great to do if you have bored quarentined kids at home in need of a creative healthy activity. Take it to the next level and have them create their own "signature" smoothie bowl with all their favorites. Make them write it down on a recipe card and post it on the fridge...they'll be much more likely to make it again!
Pineapple Acai Bowl (Serves 2)
· 1 pineapple, split in half length wise
· 1 cup fresh pineapple
· 1 acai packet, frozen
· 1/2 cup blueberries, frozen
· ½ banana, frozen
· 1 Tbsp honey (or stevia)
· ¼-1/2 cup coconut milk
· *Toppings (optional): shaved coconut, hemp seeds, chia seeds, sesame seeds, pepitas, cacao nibs, mini chocolate chips, granola, nuts, nut butter and your favorite fruits.
1) Cut around the edges of the pineapple and scoop out the fruit, set aside.
2) In a high-powered blender, add remaining smoothie ingredients. Start with ¼ cup coconut milk and only add more if you need to for the blender to be able to fully blend the smoothie.
3) Once fully blended, scoop into your scooped out pineapple halves.
4) Add your favorite toppings.