Pumpkin Pie Chia Seed Pudding
Looking for a sweet treat that can double for a special breakfast or afternoon treat? This chia pudding is just the thing! It tastes like creamy pumpkin pie and is packed with protein,fiber, and healthy fats that will keep you feeling nourished and delighted in the very same bite. Enjoy!
Pumpkin Pie Chia Seed Pudding (Serves 2)
· 1 15oz can coconut milk
· 6 Tbsp white chia seeds (black chia seeds work just as well)
· 2 Tbsp pumpkin puree
· 1 Tbsp maple syrup
· ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
· ½ tsp cinnamon
· 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
· A pinch of pink Himalayan salt
· Non-dairy whipped cream (optional)
1) Combine all ingredients except chia seeds and whipped cream in a high-powered blender. Blend until completely smooth.
2) Pour mixture between two 16 oz mason jars and then add 3 Tbsp chia seeds to each jar. Put lid on jar and seal tightly. Shake jar vigorously and then put in the fridge 10-15 minutes
3) Pull jars out of fridge and use a small whisk or spoon to stir the mixtures and break up any chia seeds that are clumping together at the bottom of the jar.
4) Put back in fridge to let thicken for at least an hour, but preferably several.
5) Pudding with thicken to a tapioca-like texture as it sits. Once thickened to your liking, top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.