Scallop Salad with Grapefruit & Avocado
Hi Friends! Hope you are all having a fantastic week! Tonight I have a refreshing salad that is super light with a beautiful flavor combination. Grapefruit and avocado give this salad a creamy satisfying texture and sweet citrusy taste with each delicious bite. Enjoy!
Scallop Salad with Grapefruit & Avocado (Serves 1)
· 2 cups mixed salad greens
· 1 tbsp chives, minced
· 1 grapefruit, peeled and segmented, juiced caught and reserved
· ½ avocado, peeled and sliced
· 1-2 Tbsp goat cheese, crumbled
· 4 oz wild scallops
· ½ Tbsp olive
· Himalayan salt & pepper, to taste
Grapefruit Vinaigrette Ingredients:
· Caught and reserved grapefruit juice
· 1 ½ Tbsp champagne vinegar
· 1 ½ Tbsp olive oil
· 1 tsp Dijon mustard
· 1 tsp. minced shallot
· Himalayan salt & fresh cracked pepper, to taste
1) Heat sauté pan to medium high. Once hot, reduce t medium heat and add ½ Tbsp olive oil.
2) Sprinkle scallops with salt and pepper on both sides and then add to pan.
3) Let cook on the first side until golden brown on the bottom, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook for another minute or until golden brown on the other side. Remove from heat.
4) Lay salad greens on a large plate and arrange sliced grapefruit and avocado on top. Sprinkle with chives and goat cheese.
5) Add all dressing ingredients in a mason or jar and shake or blend to combine.
6) Add scallops to the top of salad and drizzle with grapefruit vinaigrette.